WinBif is a small utility program for handling Infinity Engine bif files. The bif file format is used with a number of games: Baldurs Gate, Baldurs Gate: Shadows of Amn, Baldurs Gate: Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale I & II and Planescape Torment. All versions of these games from GOG.com, Steam, Beamdog, other online providers or from original retail CD/DVDs are supported.
- Baldurs Gate
- Baldurs Gate: Tales of The Sword Coast
- Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- Baldurs Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- Icewind Dale
- Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
- Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
- Icewind Dale II
- Planescape Torment
New: WinBif can now handle bif files (and rim, erf, mod, hak, nwn files) from other games: Jade Empire, The Witcher, Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic I & II and Neverwinter Nights.
- View bif file contents, showing the resource name, type, index, locator and offset to data for file and tile entries.
- Extract single or multiple selections of files stored in bif file to a specified folder.
- Will try to automatically link to a chitin.key file to read resource name entries for a particular bif file.
- Filter current list view by resource types.
- Simulates file names for bif files that don’t have a corresponding chitin.key file (or one that can’t be located)
- Opens compressed bifs/cbfs. Supports BIF V1.0 and BIFCV1.0 compression formats, automatically decompressing files as they are opened.
- Opens rim, erf, mod, hak, nwm archive formats for listing content or extraction.
- Windows explorer shell context menus for opening & extracting bif, rim and erf archives.
The latest version of WinBif is v220.127.116.11
Last Updated On 03/04/2016
WinBif is a 32bit program for:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit)
- Windows 8 (32bit & 64bit)
WinBif will create a
WinBif.ini file in the a specific folder depending on your operating system:
- Win 2K/NT/XP: current folder that the
WinBif.exe is ran from
- Windows Vista:
C:\Documents & Settings\<Your Username>\Application Data\WinBif folder
- Windows 7:
C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\WinBif folder
All settings can be modified by the options dialog or by directly editing the